Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rave of the Day: The Best Meal I've Ever Made - A New Spin on Meat and Potatoes

Pork Chop Dinner
I made this for dinner last night, and it was so good there was no doubt in my mind that it HAD to be today's rave.  Seriously...     
It's. That. Good.  My mouth is still watering.  The juiciest pork chops ever, great flavor, AND it was easy to make.  


4 pork chops
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix packet
1 large sweet potato (or yam), sliced
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
salt to taste
garlic salt to taste

Place the pork chops on tin foil on a cookie sheet with high edges.  Salt and garlic salt both sides of the pork chops. Place the slices of onion and yams on top of the pork chops.  Combine soups, and spoon on top of the chops. Wrap in tin foil, and place in 350 preheated oven for 90 minutes.

My honey said this was one of the best meals he's had in a long time.  I was so happy to hear that, I did a little happy dance sitting at the table - hey, you know you've done it at one point or another!  I agreed with him, and was quite proud of my sudden mad cooking skills.

Another plus with this meal: clean-up is a *snap*.  The soup leaked out of the wrap as it cooked a little bit (that's why I recommend a cookie sheet with edges), but we were done cleaning up after dinner within 5 minutes.  

Hecks Yes!!   Gotta love old 4-H cookbooks for stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment