Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rave of the Day: Big Star Jeans

Big Star Jeans
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Big Star Jeans because they fit extremely well, stretching to accommode my proportionately wide hips while being snug enough around my waist that there is no gap in the back, AND they are long enough that I can even wear heels in them!  They're stretchy and offer plenty of give, so that dreaded fat roll by the back of your hip that can be created by some jeans (you know what I'm talking about) never appears. Best of all, they're super cute on.  Ah, it was a struggle to find the perfect jean for me, but I've finally done it!  Never again will I have to dread jean shopping.  

I spent the day with shopping with my cousin a few weeks back and noticed she was wearing them too and she said told me they were all she wore anymore.   I think you can say they are a favorite among the "hippy" girls (which would be all of us) in my family!  

Here's an excerpt that Zappos.com wrote about the brand:

Big Star Jeans are inspired by western and vintage themes, with updated treatments and details that appeal to the modern consumer base.  Successfully defying categorization by creating specialized fits, intricate washes and trend conscious designs that appeal to all taste levels and lifestyles, Big Star Jeans has revitalized the jean industry.

Big Star Jeans come in a wide variety of sizes and inseams, in women's and men's European sizing.  I purchase mine at The Buckle and love that they offer free hemming.  Because of my height (I'm 5'8"), I get the extra long inseam, 35", and then get it hemmed so they're just right for me.  (The 33" long inseam is almost there but just misses the mark, especially after a washing or two.)  I've seen a few of their jeans have inseams as high as 37", so there's hope for even the tallest of the tall ladies. 

Prices for women's jeans range from $85 to $150, and the majority are in the $100 range.  If you're lucky, you may also find a pair you love on sale!  

Go try a pair on today and see for yourself!  

No comments:

Post a Comment