Friday, December 19, 2008

Rave of the Day: A Great Hand Cream Disguised as a Foot Cream?

Cucumber Heel Therapy by Creative Nail Design
This rich foot cream was introduced to me during a pedicure. Apparently my nail technician was (rightfully) horrified by the ginormous calluses on my feet, and let me tell you, this stuff works wonders. 

But I'm not writing about this as a foot cream, even though it's amazing in that realm.  Nope, I've found another use for this holy grail product.  

Each winter, my hands become painfully dry and sensitive.  The smallest thing like unlocking a door or struggling with a zipper leaves me with little red abrasions that are tender to the touch, and pretty soon my fingers become covered with the painful buggers!  Youch!

A friend of mine that had also discovered this wonderful foot cream mentioned one day that she used this in the winter as a hand cream too.  Genius!  As soon as I got home, I tried it, and within a couple of weeks, the little red bumps were completely gone and became a thing of the past.  A little of this stuff goes a long way, so not much is needed.  I now just keep it by my bedside table and put some on before bed and apply a little more before I head out the door in the morning.  They also make an adorable little travel size, perfect to keep in your purse to use during the day as needed, and again, a little goes a very long way, so it lasts a lot longer than you think it will.

Here are some other great finds for dry hands:
Decleor Nourishing Comfort Hand Cream - I've used this too to treat/prevent my winter dryness and *love, love, love* this hand moisturizer.  It sinks right into my skin without feeling greasy and leaves them soft and supple.  My red bumps be gone with this lotion too.  Did I mention I love this stuff?  The essential oils used in this smell heavenly!   If cost were no issue, I'd personally exclusively use this hand cream, but the Creative Cucumber Heel Cream is a much better value and hey, in this economy, I'm all for saving a few bucks. (Decleor is $18 for 1.7 oz versus $20 for 4 oz of the cucumber cream, AND I've found even better deals for the cucumber cream online.)  

Still, this is le creme de la creme, and I like to give (and receive! hint, hint) it as a gift.  Decleor is made in Paris, so it scores instant points for being luxurious.  I personally think the professional size has a better presentation (it's a pump in a clear bottle, not a bright yellow tube that you squeeze the lotion out of), but the yellow tube works great too and is easier to throw in your purse and take with you. 

One Minute Manicure Spa Treatment Moisturizing Scrub - This is a great exfoliating treatment that makes your skin feel silky silky silky. Just massage the sea salt/essential oils mixture into your hand for a minute, rinse, dry with a towel, and rug the remaining essential oils into your hands to let them sink in to your skin.  You will not believe how soft your hands are!  This is a must-have product for winter dryness, and I also like it as a foot scrub in the summer and an all-over body scrub before applying self tanner.  I prefer the flip-top packaging because I find it easier to use than scooping it out of the jar.  Great fragrances too and well worth the $9.95.  

What are your favorite hand treatments?

No comments:

Post a Comment