Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rave of the Day: The Best Treatment for Rosacea & Acne I've Found!

Purple Emu Redness & Blemish Control
I discovered Purple Emu three weeks ago while searching for effective and gentle treatments for rosacea, and only wish I would have found this product years ago.  

Let me begin with a disclaimer: my rosacea is mild, just in the initial stages, and I had small raised red bumps on the apples of my cheeks, and my nose had a consistent red flush.  I've had these symptoms for several years, and found that avoiding products with parabens, and sticking to products with natural ingredients worked better for my skin and didn't leave me with the irritation that synthetic products caused.  I also have a pretty consistent [read: annoying] history of breakouts along my chin and jawline.

I dedicated a day to learn more about rosacea and its suspected causes, treatments, and which specific ingredients have been shown to be effective, etc.  One of the best resources of available treatments I found was The International Rosacea Foundation.  They list several treatment options on their website, and Purple Emu's Redness and Blemish Control really caught my eye because it included all of the ingredients I was looking for: Jojoba Oil, Zinc Oxide, Sulfur, Tea Tree Oil, White Willow Bark Extract, Camomile, Aloe Vera, and Green Tea.  This also includes Dromaius (Emu) Oil, Borage Seed Oil, Arnica, Marigold, Burdock, Camphor, Eucalyptus, and Vitamin E. [This is the full list of ingredients.]

I purchased the .5 oz jar for $25.95, and that will probably last me 6 months.  Nettie, the owner of Purple Emu personally called me and answered my questions about how much product to use (just enough to sink into the skin, applied with the fingertips - more is NOT better with this stuff) and recommended that I use the product every night until my rosacea and acne subsided, and then to move to just using it every other night as a preventative treatment. 

By the way, how awesome is it that she personally called me?  I was blown away that she took the time to do that; it really speaks to her passion, and how much she stands behind her product.  She recommended that I use this with emu oil (which I happened to already have, but that they also have available) to help the product absorb into my skin better, making it even more effective.  Update: I've found that I like jojoba oil even more than emu oil; it's more moisturizing for my dry skin.

When I received my package, I was pleasantly surprised that she had also included a free sample jar of the Super Rich Moisturizer - a generous 30 day supply.  I really like this in treating my super winter-dry skin (along with a hydrating serum by Phytomer), but that's another rave for another day.  :)  

Just as Nettie said it would, my skin broke out a little more than normal during the first week of use.  Stubborn acne that had been just under the surface for years started to come up and heal, and my rosacea bumps began fading away.  After 10 days, my skin looked the best it had looked in a long long time, and it only continues to get better.  I'm not completely acne-free yet, but now when I do get a breakout it's very small and heals quickly.  The best part though is my rosacea has almost completely disappeared!  

I gave myself a great Christmas present this year: clear skin.  If you have the same issues I had, you should definitely check out Purple Emu's products!

No comments:

Post a Comment