Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rave of the Day: Car Talk with Click & Clack

Car Talk with Click & Clack 
The Tappet Brothers on NPR

I love talk radio, especially when it's informative AND funny.  Car Talk is the epitome of this, and I always look forward to their weekly podcast on iTunes.  (Thanks Dad for making me listen to this with you!  I was hesitant because I have no interest in cars, but YOU WERE RIGHT and the show is soooo funny.)

The hosts are two insanely hilarious brothers, Tom and Ray Magliozzi, aka Click and Clack.  They come complete with Boston accents, and callers try to stump them with various car problems, which they are usually able to diagnose.  Sounds boring, but trust me, it's not with these two!  No problem is too silly, and no solution is too outrageous.  These two poke fun at each other, themselves, and their callers, and it's all in good fun.

Click and Clack are even featured on Wikipedia (although, is that really any major feat?!) and the article gives a great overview of the show's features.  So go check it out if you want to find out more.  

Tune in, and you will learn about car repair, mechanic rip-off schemes, and the "names" of the Car Talk Staff, like the Snowboard Instructor, Soren Dekeester.  (Hee hee!)

Waste an hour with them today!

3 comments:

  1. I totally used to listen to Click and Clack with my Dad too! How fun, I didn't know they were still around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - thanks for your comments on my blog. I actually used to be on a type of medication for something similiar to that. It actually didn't even occur to me now. Anyway, I checked out your WBC blog. I freakin looove your style. Very similiar to our vision. I havent had a chance to look through THIS blog yet, but I will, as soon as I finish this comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Car Talk!
    Even after all these years, it still amuses me at the very end of the show when Ray says "Well, it's happened again; you've squandered another hour listening to Car Talk..."

    P.S. Cool! Another Janna!

    ReplyDelete