Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rave of the Day: "Three Weeks With My Brother"

"Three Weeks With My Brother" 
by Nicholas & Micah Sparks

This is one of my all-time favorite books.  I don't want to get too detailed in my rave, (you do like to be surprised when you're reading, right?!) but here's my general reflections.

This journey hits some of the most amazing places in the world, and Nicholas and Micah's "very real" descriptions are better than anything you will find in a history book or travel guide. Non-fiction at it's finest.

Nicholas & Micah Sparks are great storytellers, and their touching memoir made me laugh out loud AND grab for the Kleenexes...NUMEROUS TIMES.  They masterfully tied the tales of their childhood and adulthood into their trip around the world, and take you full-circle on their journey.  You begin to realize this isn't just a story about their travels; this is really about the journey of their lives. (Um, did you really expect anything less from the author of "The Notebook?")

Please, if you haven't already, get a copy and escape for a few hours. Perfect for a long flight, makes a great beach read, and I've heard the audio version is A M A Z I N G.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Janna,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm trying to keep it up in the midst of the busy working days :-P

    I am enjoying your blog too! Will be adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete